November 17, 2011

The Stress of Moving

So tomorrow we leave for Texas with our first load of boxes out of the house.  We have had all of our furniture up on Craigslist and so far have not moved any of it, most of our kitchen boxed up, and the house is a mess.  I hate leaving a mess behind, but at this point it has to get worse before it gets better.  Digging through all of our possessions to eliminate what we really don't need for the second time this year is a little unnerving.  And the hard part is that not only are we eliminating what we don't need, but what we can't fit.  It may be liberating to move somewhere with only two suitcases, but right now I feel like I'm throwing away a life that I have been creating for the past 6 years.  And the stress of moving is starting to wreak havoc.  All the details of moving to a place where I have never been are starting to hit me... I won't be able to see my nieces and nephews grow up, I won't be able to visit my friends and family when I need to, and most of all, if I absolutely hate Brazil, I can't just pick up and leave... I have no idea how to prepare myself for my life being pulled out from under me and starting over.  Hopefully a week in Texas will let me get my head straight and I will come back refreshed and ready to empty our apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Archive